Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Error: Assertion `noveau > -1' failed.

Error: Assertion `noveau > -1' failed.

Up to Use

Error: Assertion `noveau > -1' failed.

Posted by Said ÇATALBAŞ at October 09. 2021

Hi,

I've a case with spheres inside the cylinder. These spheres should be grouped according to the H level. I've done this and I meshed the geometry without an error. After importing the mesh to openFoam with "ideasUnvToFoam" some groups were detected as faceZone but these should be patches. Also  there are a lot of undefined faces but I 'm sure I defined every faces as a part of a group. Eventually ideasUnvToFoam gave error. I researched the error and it was due to some faces being shared. With a python scripts I checked all faces in groups but they are not duplicated so an ID is only used once. Without grouping I haven't such an error. For quick peek:

• 6: H_spheres_4 is patch
  • 7: H_spheres_5 is faceZone
  • 8: H_spheres_6 is faceZone
  • 9: H_spheres_7 is patch
  • 10: H_spheres_8 is patch
  • --> FOAM Warning :
        From Foam::polyMesh::polyMesh(const Foam::IOobject&, Foam::pointField&&, const cellShapeList&, const faceListList&, const wordList&, const wordList&, const Foam::word&, const Foam::word&, const wordList&, bool)
        in file meshes/polyMesh/polyMeshFromShapeMesh.C at line 645
        Found 330746 undefined faces in mesh; adding to default patch defaultFaces
    Adding cell and face zones
     Face Zone H_spheres_6     99223
    ideasUnvToFoam: ideasUnvToFoam.C:1262: int main(int, char**): Assertion `noveau > -1' failed.
File is attached. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Kind regards,
Said.
Attachments

Re: Error: Assertion `noveau > -1' failed.

Posted by Said ÇATALBAŞ at October 13. 2021

Hi,

I tried the same thing by making the spheres just a single group.The result did not change, it gave the same error. Does this indicate that the error is due to geometry? Because when I don't do any grouping, it doesn't give an error.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Said.

Attachments

Posted by Said ÇATALBAŞ at Wednesday 18:07

Updates

I tried to Limit Tolerance (1e-12 to 1e-04) but it did not work. Also I tried Merge Nodes (with low tolerance)  and Merge Elements but it didn't work either. Has anyone encountered this error before? I really need some clues.

Kind regards,
Said.

Posted by Franco Otaola at Tuesday 09:56

Did you solve the geometry generation? I am quiet interest in the problem you had...

try exporting the mesh with the salome tool for exporting to openfoam. salomeToOpenFOAM might give you better results

Previously Said ÇATALBAŞ wrote:

Hi,

I've a case with spheres inside the cylinder. These spheres should be grouped according to the H level. I've done this and I meshed the geometry without an error. After importing the mesh to openFoam with "ideasUnvToFoam" some groups were detected as faceZone but these should be patches. Also  there are a lot of undefined faces but I 'm sure I defined every faces as a part of a group. Eventually ideasUnvToFoam gave error. I researched the error and it was due to some faces being shared. With a python scripts I checked all faces in groups but they are not duplicated so an ID is only used once. Without grouping I haven't such an error. For quick peek:

• 6: H_spheres_4 is patch
  • 7: H_spheres_5 is faceZone
  • 8: H_spheres_6 is faceZone
  • 9: H_spheres_7 is patch
  • 10: H_spheres_8 is patch
  • --> FOAM Warning :
        From Foam::polyMesh::polyMesh(const Foam::IOobject&, Foam::pointField&&, const cellShapeList&, const faceListList&, const wordList&, const wordList&, const Foam::word&, const Foam::word&, const wordList&, bool)
        in file meshes/polyMesh/polyMeshFromShapeMesh.C at line 645
        Found 330746 undefined faces in mesh; adding to default patch defaultFaces
    Adding cell and face zones
     Face Zone H_spheres_6     99223
    ideasUnvToFoam: ideasUnvToFoam.C:1262: int main(int, char**): Assertion `noveau > -1' failed.
File is attached. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Kind regards,
Said.

Posted by Said ÇATALBAŞ at Tuesday 11:20

Hi Franco,

• ProcessShape_1 = geompy.ProcessShape(Cut_1, ["FixShape", "FixFaceSize"], ["FixShape.Tolerance3d", "FixShape.MaxTolerance3d", "FixFaceSize.Tolerance"], ["1e-12", "1e-12", "1e-12"])
  • Limit_tolerance_1 = geompy.LimitTolerance(ProcessShape_1, 1e-12)

I solved the unwanted sphere shape with ProcessShape and also Limit Tolerance did help me a lot. But grouping still not possible as you see. I'll give a shot to salomeToOpenFOAM. I'll post the results.

Kind regards,
Said.