Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Shaper: how to visualize "intermediate" objects

Shaper: how to visualize "intermediate" objects

Up to Use

Shaper: how to visualize "intermediate" objects

Posted by kathi blum at May 04. 2021
hello in the object browser the eye icon to vizalize an object is only nearby those objects which are beneath "Results (3)". So only those 3 final objects can be visualized. But how can I visualise the intermediate objects which I have used on my way to get to those final objects? For example Scale_1, Sketch_1, ExtrusionFuse_1 etc.? Without visualisation it is hard to remember what I did on the way thank you for an answer kathi
Attachments

Re: Shaper: how to visualize "intermediate" objects

Posted by Franco Otaola at May 05. 2021

Hello,

in shaper the features used by other features are "consumed" in a way of saying.... (do not ask me the reason because i did not find any explicable reason but there must be one....)

in any case, these "consumed" features can be recovered with an special feature named recover (features/recover) and you select the features you want to recover from that feature...

again I do not understand the reason behind this.
best regards

Attachments

Posted by Christophe Bourcier at May 05. 2021

Hi,

the right term is "concealed" ;) It is done to always have the last result produced by the features.

To see intermediate feature (to remember what you did or what another user did), you can also play with the history line by double-clicking at the right of any feature.

Christophe

Attachments

Posted by kathi blum at May 05. 2021
hello Franco and Christophe, thank you for your answers. Nevertheless I continue to wonder how to work with the intermediate (concealed) objects: (1) Christophe, I do not find the "history line". What means "double-clicking at the right of any feature"? In the object browser of Shaper I can click on any object and use then the context menu (simple click right mouse button), but there is only "Clean history" (2) How can I access a concealed object? In the attached picture I try to export (to .step or .brep) the object "Extrusion_1". It seems to me, this is only possible when deleting the following objects, here: AngularCopy_1, or many more if there are . . Is this the intended way as Shaper works? kathi
Attachments

Posted by Franco Otaola at May 05. 2021

Hello kathi,

as I mentioned (and as is shown in the screenshot I made in my first comment) you should use the recover feature. this will bring back the object, if you have a look in the screenshot, Recover_1_1 is the same solid that was created by Box_1 (but disappeared to create Extrusion_1_1 (by using Extrusion_1 feature)) and re appeared by using the feature Recover_1.

Previously kathi blum wrote:

hello Franco and Christophe, thank you for your answers. Nevertheless I continue to wonder how to work with the intermediate (concealed) objects: (1) Christophe, I do not find the "history line". What means "double-clicking at the right of any feature"? In the object browser of Shaper I can click on any object and use then the context menu (simple click right mouse button), but there is only "Clean history" (2) How can I access a concealed object? In the attached picture I try to export (to .step or .brep) the object "Extrusion_1". It seems to me, this is only possible when deleting the following objects, here: AngularCopy_1, or many more if there are . . Is this the intended way as Shaper works? kathi

Posted by kathi blum at May 09. 2021
Franco Otaola thank you for clarifying, this is really what I was searching for kathi