24 Jul 2015 - SALOME version 7.6.0
CEA/DEN, EDF R&D and OPEN CASCADE are pleased to announce SALOME version 7.6.0. It is a public release that contains results of planned improvements and bug fixes against SALOME version 7.5.1 released in February 2015.
- New useful functions in Geometry module:
- New face creation operations;
- Extend Edge and Extend Face construction operations;
- Surface From Face operation;
- Thickness operation;
- Redesigned Intersection operation (previously known as Section);
- Remove Small Volumes shape healing operation;
- Projection of planar shape on cylindrical surface;
- Project Vertex on wire or edge.
- Apply filters in Group Creation and Explode operations;
- Possibility to show object names in the viewer;
- Inspect object operation allows browsing selected shape;
- New functions in Mesh module:
- Extrusion by Normal;
- New Extrusion Methods for Viscous Layers;
- Reversed Edges Helper Group in hypotheses creation dialog boxes;
- Belong to mesh group filter criterion;
- Embedded Python editor;
- A lot of other improvements and bug fixes … see SALOME 7.6.0 Release Notes for details.
SALOME 7.6.0 supports the following platforms:
- Linux Debian 7 64-bits
- Linux CentOS 6.4 64-bits
- Linux CentOS 7.1 64-bits
- Linux Fedora 22 64-bits
- Linux Mageia 5 64-bits
- Linux Ubuntu 14.04 64-bits
- Windows XP / Windows 7, 32-bits and 64-bits
SALOME 7.6.0 pre-compiled binaries for supported platforms, as well as universal binaries for Linux and packages for Windows, can be retrieved from the download page of the site.
Note that SALOME version 7.6.0 is based on the patched version of Open CASCADE Technology 6.9.0.
Please, feel free to contact us for any additional information.