04 Jul 2016 - SALOME version 7.8.0
CEA/DEN, EDF R&D and OPEN CASCADE are pleased to announce SALOME version 7.8.0. It is a public release that contains the results of planned major and minor improvements and bug fixes against SALOME version 7.7.1 released in December 2015.
- New useful features in Geometry module:
- Specify length units when exporting to STEP file;
- Read assemblies data from STEP file;
- Filter sub-shapes in the Inspect Object dialog;
- New Extract and Rebuild feature allows manually reconstructing the object by direct removal of selected sub-shapes from it;
- New features in ParaVis module:
- A reader for JSON files has been added;
- MEDCoupling has been extracted from MED module; it is distributed now as a separate product.
See SALOME 7.8.0 Release Notes for details.
SALOME 7.8.0 supports the following platforms:
- Linux Debian 7 64 bits;
- Linux Debian 8 64 bits;
- Linux CentOS 6.4 64 bits;
- Linux CentOS 7.2 64 bits;
- Linux Fedora 18 64 bits;
- Linux Fedora 20 64 bits;
- Linux Fedora 22 64 bits;
- Linux Mageia 5 64 bits;
- Linux Ubuntu 14 64 bits;
- Windows XP / Windows 7 64 bits.
Pre-compiled binaries of SALOME 7.8.0 for supported platforms, as well as universal binaries for Linux and packages for Windows, can be retrieved from the download page of the site.
Note that SALOME version 7.8.0 is based on Open CASCADE Technology 6.9.1.
Please, feel free to contact us for any additional information.