Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build problem installing salome V7_8 on opensuse Leap

problem installing salome V7_8 on opensuse Leap

Up to Install & build

problem installing salome V7_8 on opensuse Leap

Posted by Marco Conte at August 05. 2016

I have downloaded the Salome-V7_8_0-public.run installation file. Ater running the file some warnings were displayed at the end of the installation process in the verbose mode:

Done 

./create_appli_V7_8_0.sh: line 103: /salome_prerequisites.sh: No such file or directory

./create_appli_V7_8_0.sh: line 104: /salome_modules.sh: No such file or directory

Creating Salome application in /home/studio/salome/appli_V7_8_0 ...

sed: can't read /.config_appli_template.xml: No such file or directory

python: can't open file '/bin/salome/appli_gen.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Installing the CatalogResources file in /home/studio/salome/appli_V7_8_0/CatalogResources.xml

cp: cannot stat ‘/.config/CatalogResources.xml.default’: No such file or directory

cp: cannot stat ‘/.config/CatalogResources.xml.template’: No such file or directory

grep: salome_context.cfg: No such file or directory

Salome post-installation ...

Warning: the directory /home/studio/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.3.1/platforms/linux64Gcc/gperftools-svn/lib is in a path variable but does not exist

Warning: the directory /home/studio/OpenFOAM/studio-2.3.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib is in a path variable but does not exist

Warning: the directory /home/studio/OpenFOAM/site/2.3.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib is in a path variable but does not exist

Warning: the directory /home/studio/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-2.3.1/platforms/linux64Gcc/gperftools-svn/bin is in a path variable but does not exist

Warning: the directory /home/studio/OpenFOAM/studio-2.3.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/bin is in a path variable but does not exist

Warning: the directory /home/studio/OpenFOAM/site/2.3.1/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/bin is in a path variable but does not exist

./create_appli_V7_8_0.sh: line 285: ./salome_post_install.py: No such file or directory

./create_appli_V7_8_0.sh: line 288: ./salome_hpc_visu_porthos.py: No such file or directory

The Salome application was successfully created.

To run the application:

$ /home/studio/salome/appli_V7_8_0/salome

The ~/salome/appli_V7_8_0/ is almost empty:

studio@linux:~/salome/appli_V7_8_0> ls
config_appli.xml

How can I fix the problem ?

Regards,

MarcoC

Re: problem installing salome V7_8 on opensuse Leap

Posted by Florian Brunet at August 05. 2016

Hello,

Just to be sure, the procedure to install Salome with such an installer (universal) is :

- chmod your installer to make it executable

- ./my_installer.run

Start over your install with a clean environment. FYI I have tested this process with OpenSuse but with an older version of that distrib: it worked like a charm. I will try in the next days to test the installation on the latest openSuse.

Florian

Posted by Marco Conte at August 05. 2016

Previously Florian Brunet wrote:

Hello,

Just to be sure, the procedure to install Salome with such an installer (universal) is :

- chmod your installer to make it executable

- ./my_installer.run

Start over your install with a clean environment. FYI I have tested this process with OpenSuse but with an older version of that distrib: it worked like a charm. I will try in the next days to test the installation on the latest openSuse.

Florian

my_installer.run is executable:

studio@linux:~/Downloads> ls -l Salome-V7_8_0-public.run
-rwxr-xr-x 1 studio users 802429718 Aug  3 18:30 Salome-V7_8_0-public.run

Marco

Posted by Marco Conte at August 08. 2016

my_installer.run is executable:

studio@linux:~/Downloads> ls -l Salome-V7_8_0-public.run 
-rwxr-xr-x 1 studio users 802429718 Aug  3 18:30 Salome-V7_8_0-public.run

Marco

Posted by Jacob Lau at August 09. 2016

How can I install SAOLOME in ubuntu?

I do following: 

/. salome

but  every time I have to do the same, how can I install SALOME, that I don't  need to write time the same command.

Posted by Marco Conte at August 09. 2016
You have to open an other thread. I am working with an opensuse machine.