Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build SALOME on Scientific Linux 7.x

SALOME on Scientific Linux 7.x

Up to Install & build

SALOME on Scientific Linux 7.x

Posted by vincent isoz at February 09. 2017

For various universities and engineering school in my country i have to write a tutorial with print-screens giving all the finest details for the student on how to install SALOME on scientific linux 7.x (on their personal computer). 

Before starting i would like to know if the SALOME team doesn't already have such a document (PDF, *.tex, or *.doc).

Also i would like to know:

1. what binaries I have to install on Scientific Linux 7.x
  2. where i can found the detailed procedure for installation for Scientific Linux 7.x (or equivalent distribution)
Thx in advance for your help

PS: Once the tutorial finished (if the installation is feasible...) i will share it on the forum.

Re: SALOME on Scientific Linux 7.x

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at February 09. 2017

Hello,

Everything that you need is written in the Downloads page of this site; all instructions are there.

For Scientific Linux 7 you have two options:

1. Either follow the link "Download a complete version for Linux CentOS 7.2 64-bits", and download an archive to your workstation. Then just unpack the archive (tar xzf SALOME-7.8.0-OPENSOURCE-CO7.2.tgz) and that's all!
  2. Or follow the link "Download a version for Linux 64-bits" to download universal binaries for Linux. Then run the setup procedure by typing "sh Salome-V7_8_0-public.run"; you will be prompted to input the destination directory, that's all what is needed to install an application.

Regards,
Vadim.

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at February 09. 2017

Hmm, links in the mail seem to be broken (too "smart" site engine converts absolute URLs to relative ones), so go to the forum thread and try following links from there.

Posted by vincent isoz at February 10. 2017

Thanks for your answer Vadim. This was simple and quick to do. As promised:

https://fr.scribd.com/document/278466634/Scientific-Linux-Virtual-Box

page 177.

Best regards