Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build complete source package of V8.2.0

complete source package of V8.2.0

Up to Install & build

complete source package of V8.2.0

Posted by Henry Ran at March 21. 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

There used to be complete source packages inside Binaries for officially supported Linux platforms, including source codes of Salome Platform and third party codes, however, for V8.2.0, there is no such complete package.

I have to recompile everything from source in order to install V8.2.0 on my system.

I would appreciate if you would provide the complete package including source codes of Salome Platform and third party codes.

Best regards,

Henry

Re: complete source package of V8.2.0

Posted by Leon Kos at March 25. 2017
I also need to recompile the distribution. 
However now all sources are missing. 
Most notable are patches and salomeTools for which I can't find the GIT repositories.

Posted by Olivier PAILLES at April 13. 2017

Hello,

The SALOME developers have decided to separate the binary packages from the source packages.

In principle, the CentOS binary packages are compatible with RedHat : RedHat 6 with CentOS 6 and RedHat 7 with CentOS7.

If it isn't the case (as your post seems to indicate), we can try to provide you with a source package.

For that, we have to know the precise version of your operating system so can you tell us ?

Note that if you are on RedHat 6 or previous version, you will have to use a tool named devtools to have a more recent development environment.

First, install devtools-2 on the system (root rights needed) :

> cd /etc/yum.repos.d

> wget http://people.centos.org/tru/devtools-2/devtools-2.repo

> yum install devtoolset-2-gcc

> yum install devtoolset-2-gcc-c++

> yum install devtoolset-2-gcc-gfortran

> yum install devtoolset-2-git

> yum install devtoolset-2-gdb

> yum install devtoolset-2-build

Then launch a new environment with devtools (as normal user) :

> scl enable devtoolset-2 bash

and launch the commands described in the README file of the source package to come.

Best regards,

Olivier (SALOME support)

Posted by Henry Ran at April 17. 2017

Hi Olivier,

Thank you so much for the information; sorry for my late response, but I just found out that you replied.

The precise info of the OS on our cluster is the following:

LSB Version:    :base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch:graphics-4.0-amd64:graphics-4.0-noarch:printing-4.0-amd64:printing-4.0-noarch
Distributor ID:    RedHatEnterpriseClient
Description:    Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 6.7 (Santiago)
Release:    6.7
Codename:    Santiago

Looking forward to the complete source packages including Salome, Prerequisites and installation scripts.

Best regards,

Henry

In another message/comment of me, I explained the reason I have to compile everything from source:

(http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_9/312453946)

None of the binary package can run on our cluster, which is an old version of RedHat and there is some library missing, please see the error message below.

python: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found

The administrator told me they will not install such library (for some reasons) and the solution is to compile Salome Platform from source, and I did so successfully every time for older versions in the past, for example, for Version 7.8.0, I compiled everything from the source codes in the package SALOME-7.8.0-OPENSOURCE-FD18.tgz.

However, this new version V8.2.0 does not have the complete source package including Salome and Prerequisites as it did for older versions in the past, and there are no installation scripts.

Posted by Site Administrator at April 20. 2017

Posted by Henry Ran at April 20. 2017

To Site Administrator and all other people concerned:

On behalf of all people who need this, thank you very much for making the complete source package available :)

Sincerely,

Henry