Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Installing 8.3.0 in Fedora 26 gives "GUI library ... can not be found or loaded"

Installing 8.3.0 in Fedora 26 gives "GUI library ... can not be found or loaded"

Up to Install & build

Installing 8.3.0 in Fedora 26 gives "GUI library ... can not be found or loaded"

Posted by Mario Storti at September 26. 2017

Hi all,

I'm having trouble in installing Salome in Fedora 26. 

. I have a fresh install of Fedora 26, updated some weeks ago. 

. I downloaded the 8.2.0 universal binary. When I launch it, it claims about an incomptaibility of the library. 

> /home/mstorti/salome/Salome-V8_2_0-univ/prerequisites/Gcc-492/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: 

> version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by /lib64/libGLU.so.1)

. I installed then the 8.3.0 universal binary. Salome starts and presents the interface. However, when I do a geometry "explode" operation it gives a me an error "GUI library corresponding to the user action can not be found or loaded". 

. I did some research in the forums and I see that this happened before, for instance  http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_10/669141242/view I see that this happened if some librararies where missing (libtiff, libjpeg, libAdvancedGUI, ...). All of them are present. 

. BTW: For the 8.2.0 version if I preload (LD_PRELOAD=...) Salome starts but then it falls to the "GUI library..." error. So that it seems that if it is some library missing, it is missing in both universal binaries. 

. I tried with a fresh user (no special PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH) and the error persists. So it is not caused by an incorrect path. 

. Finally, as a workaround I donwloaded the binary for Fedora 24 and I installed it in a virtual box (Fedora 24) and it works fine. But of course it is a nuisance and I'm trying to get Salome installed in my box. 

TIA, Mario

Re: Installing 8.3.0 in Fedora 26 gives "GUI library ... can not be found or loaded"

Posted by Andrey Krylov at October 04. 2017

The same problem for Gentoo and, Salome 8.3.   For 8.2 help changing  ~/salome/Salome-V8_2_0-univ/prerequisites/debianForSalome/lib/libz.so.1 to link libz.so.1 -> /lib/libz.so.1

Re: Installing 8.3.0 in Fedora 26 gives "GUI library ... can not be found or loaded"

Posted by Andrey Krylov at October 06. 2017

In Gentoo helps using system libjasper.so.1.0.0 in  ~/salome/Salome-V8_3_0-univ-public/prerequisites/debianForSalome/lib

Andrey

Posted by Mario Storti at October 06. 2017

Previously Andrey Krylov wrote:

In Gentoo helps using system libjasper.so.1.0.0 in  ~/salome/Salome-V8_3_0-univ-public/prerequisites/debianForSalome/lib

Andrey

Hi Andrey, I tried that but didn't help. I added the library  libjasper.so.1.0.0 from the Fedora package  jasper-libs-1.900.13-4.fc24.x86_64.rpm. I placed the library in debianForSalome/lib and made the sympolik link libjasper.so.1 -> ./libjasper.so.1.0.0

The error "GUI library ... can not be found or loaded" is thrown  when exploding a geometry. 

Posted by Jan Witting at November 21. 2017

Hello,

as I wrote in an older post I got the same message when I tried on exercise 2 the menu New Entity/Basic/2D Sketch.  I installed the universal binaries package version=8.3.0_64bit on debian9.

Jan

Posted by Mario Storti at February 25. 2018

Just for the record, I tried the new release 8.4.0 and it has the same problem. Namely, the "explode" operation gives an error "GUI library corresponding to the user action can not be found or loaded". 

Regards, Mario

Previously Mario Storti wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having trouble in installing Salome in Fedora 26. 

. I have a fresh install of Fedora 26, updated some weeks ago. 

. I downloaded the 8.2.0 universal binary. When I launch it, it claims about an incomptaibility of the library. 

> /home/mstorti/salome/Salome-V8_2_0-univ/prerequisites/Gcc-492/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: 

> version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by /lib64/libGLU.so.1)

. I installed then the 8.3.0 universal binary. Salome starts and presents the interface. However, when I do a geometry "explode" operation it gives a me an error "GUI library corresponding to the user action can not be found or loaded". 

. I did some research in the forums and I see that this happened before, for instance  http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_10/669141242/view I see that this happened if some librararies where missing (libtiff, libjpeg, libAdvancedGUI, ...). All of them are present. 

. BTW: For the 8.2.0 version if I preload (LD_PRELOAD=...) Salome starts but then it falls to the "GUI library..." error. So that it seems that if it is some library missing, it is missing in both universal binaries. 

. I tried with a fresh user (no special PATH or LD_LIBRARY_PATH) and the error persists. So it is not caused by an incorrect path. 

. Finally, as a workaround I donwloaded the binary for Fedora 24 and I installed it in a virtual box (Fedora 24) and it works fine. But of course it is a nuisance and I'm trying to get Salome installed in my box. 

TIA, Mario

Posted by Laïd MESSAOUDI at March 19. 2018
I have the same problem on Linux Deepin 15.5 with Salome 8.3 first and second with 8.4 version. The installation is made with no problem but just exploding a cube give the same error message
                                               "impossible to find or open the IHM library corresponds to the user action " !!

The same problem if I want to make a curve, a 2D or 3D sketch.

I'm also looking for a solution to this problem.

Posted by Laïd MESSAOUDI at March 19. 2018

I execute salome on a terminal, the same problem persist and when I quit, I found this message on the terminal screen (perhaps it will help de developpers to find a soluition):

runSalome running on Dinosor

Searching for a free port for naming service: 2810 - OK

Searching Naming Service + found in 0.1 seconds

Searching /Kernel/Session in Naming Service ++Warning: this type (Study,objref) already exists, it will be ignored.

Warning: this type (pyobj,objref) already exists, it will be ignored.

Warning: this type (SALOME_MED/MEDCouplingFieldDoubleCorbaInterface,objref) already exists, it will be ignored.

+****************************************************************

Warning: module HEXABLOCKPLUGIN is improperly configured!

Module HEXABLOCKPLUGIN will not be available in GUI mode!

Warning: module HYBRIDPLUGIN is improperly configured!

Module HYBRIDPLUGIN will not be available in GUI mode!

Warning: module BLSURFPLUGIN is improperly configured!

Module BLSURFPLUGIN will not be available in GUI mode!

Warning: module HexoticPLUGIN is improperly configured!

Module HexoticPLUGIN will not be available in GUI mode!

Warning: module GMSHPLUGIN is improperly configured!

Module GMSHPLUGIN will not be available in GUI mode!

Warning: module NETGENPLUGIN is improperly configured!

Module NETGENPLUGIN will not be available in GUI mode!

Warning: module GHS3DPLUGIN is improperly configured!

Module GHS3DPLUGIN will not be available in GUI mode!

Posted by Joel Linford at June 23. 2018

I'm having the exact same issue. Running SALOME on Ubuntu 18.04, installed using the universal binary. 

I tried to install using the  Linux Ubuntu 16.04 64-bits file however, execution wasn't compiling returning the below error.  

joel@joel-linx:~/Downloads/SALOME-8.4.0-UB16.04-SRC$ ./salome

runSalome running on joel-linx

Searching for a free port for naming service: 2819 - OK

Searching Naming Service + found in 0.1 seconds 

Searching /Kernel/Session in Naming Service +SALOME_Session_Server: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.55: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Warning, no type found for resource "localhost", using default value "single_machine"

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/joel/Downloads/SALOME-8.4.0-UB16.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB16.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 633, in useSalome

clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir)

File "/home/joel/Downloads/SALOME-8.4.0-UB16.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB16.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/runSalome.py", line 578, in startSalome

session=clt.waitNSPID("/Kernel/Session",mySessionServ.PID,SALOME.Session)

File "/home/joel/Downloads/SALOME-8.4.0-UB16.04-SRC/BINARIES-UB16.04/KERNEL/bin/salome/orbmodule.py", line 174, in waitNSPID

raise RuntimeError, "Process %d for %s not found" % (thePID,theName)

RuntimeError: Process 14426 for /Kernel/Session not found

Posted by Sita Drost at July 06. 2018

Yup, exactly the same problem here: Salome 8.4.0 universal on Ubuntu 18.04. Same error/warning messages too. Already replied to several other threads on this problem, but no reaction so far. Any suggestions, anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Sita

Posted by Sita Drost at July 09. 2018

Yay, I got it working! In case others are still struggling, I used the fix mentioned by Timo here: https://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_10/564414485 (don't forget to add the new library path, see post by Ali in the same thread).

Thanks everyone!

Sita

Previously Sita Drost wrote:

Yup, exactly the same problem here: Salome 8.4.0 universal on Ubuntu 18.04. Same error/warning messages too. Already replied to several other threads on this problem, but no reaction so far. Any suggestions, anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Sita