Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Install & build Salome 8_2_0 does not auto-configure with Windows-10 Pro

Salome 8_2_0 does not auto-configure with Windows-10 Pro

Up to Install & build

Salome 8_2_0 does not auto-configure with Windows-10 Pro

Posted by Allen Blincoe at April 25. 2017

I have tried installing the Windows Binary distribution onto a Windows-10 Pro system, and it only wants to hang during the start-up.

What I did....

Downloaded the distribution - SALOME-8.2.0-WIN64.exe  515,810,214 Bytes

Expanded it in the download directory

Copied the expanded directory set to a better place on my system  (C:\Appl\Salome_8_2)

Ran the  WORK\run_salome.bat  file

No exceptions were seen during the process which appeared to set directory paths, etc.

When the Set-Up phase was complete, it tried to start, but hung

Output of the  run_salome.bat file:

Execution:  C:\Appl\Salome_8_2\Work\run_salome

runSalome running on AB-GB-Desk

Searching for a free port for naming service: 2812 - OK

Searching Naming Service found in 0.0 seconds

Searching /Kernel/Session in Naming Service +Warning, no type found for resource "localhost", using default value "single_machine"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Appl\Salome_8_2\MODULES\KERNEL\RELEASE\KERNEL_INSTALL\bin\salome\runSalome.py", line 622, in useSalome

clt = startSalome(args, modules_list, modules_root_dir)

File "C:\Appl\Salome_8_2\MODULES\KERNEL\RELEASE\KERNEL_INSTALL\bin\salome\runSalome.py", line 565, in startSalome

session=clt.waitNS("/Kernel/Session",SALOME.Session)

File "C:\Appl\Salome_8_2\MODULES\KERNEL\RELEASE\KERNEL_INSTALL\bin\salome\orbmodule.py", line 147, in waitNS

if count > maxcount : raise RuntimeError, "Impossible de trouver %s" % name

RuntimeError: Impossible de trouver /Kernel/Session

--- Error during Salome launch ---

The “Salome Splash Screen” indicated an 83% load completeness. With a release ID of  8.2.0.

The exact same process on a "Windows-10 Personal" system functioned properly for me.

Any direction or help would be appreciated.

Allen Blincoe

Re: Salome 8_2_0 does not auto-configure with Windows-10 Pro

Posted by Allen Blincoe at April 26. 2017

Based on a file-to-file comparison between my  Windows-10 Personal, and my Windows-10 Pro installations (installed in the exact same directory path), they had the exact same sums on the files.  This would lead me to believe that the issue is somewhere within the W-10 Pro run-time environment instead of being within the Install/.Configure functions of the application itself.  Unfortunately, I don't really have a clue as to where to look next.

I would like to have it functional on both of the systems.

Allen

Posted by Allen Blincoe at April 29. 2017

Well I have managed to get a little (VERY) bit further in identifying this issue....

On the latest  run_salome.bat  attempt, I received:

3 exception dialog boxes (all with identical contents)

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Exception (3 times, all the same)

Salome_8_2\Modules\G...      (YES, just the ellipse was there)

R6034

An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly.

Please contact the application's support team for more information

Followed by a single dialog box indicating:

Error

Session Server is not found.

The above 4 dialog box exceptions are not consistent when trying to start the process through the "run_salome.bat" file

Posted by Allen Blincoe at September 10. 2017

Well, I saw 8.3 become available and thought I would try again.  I also notice that "everyone under the sun" had been placing "Python"

on my system (Comda, Blender, FreeCAD, just to name a few.), so I removed a bunch of programs that I wasn't actively using, and downloaded a

"Full/Complete Python.org install" and installed it first.  After that, an install of  Salome 8.3  came up and ran.  So far, no issues with it.

My suspicion is that Salome (along with most of the others) never did a "Proper Windows Install" of Python, and thus a number of

issues due to a lack of many things.

Allen.

I see no reason to keep this post open any longer.l