Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) Problem Meshing Complex Geometry

Problem Meshing Complex Geometry

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

Problem Meshing Complex Geometry

Posted by Toni Calaba at February 22. 2017

Hi,

I'm working with CFDs and I have a problen when I export the mesh from Salome to .UNV.

I create the mesh with "Body Fitting", and when I try to export Salome said this:

"During export mesh with name "xxx" to UNV Polyhedrons will be missed"

Problem Meshing Complex Geometry-captura.jpg

I include the .hdf file

Regards

Re: Problem Meshing Complex Geometry

Posted by Saint Michael at February 22. 2017

Hi Toni

Polyhedra can be exported in MED and CGNS formats only. Alternatively you can
- split all volumes into tetrahedra
- split only polyhedra into tetrahedra but a mesh will become non-conformal.

St.Michael

Re: Problem Meshing Complex Geometry

Posted by Toni Calaba at February 22. 2017

Previously Saint Michael wrote:

Hi Toni

Polyhedra can be exported in MED and CGNS formats only. Alternatively you can
- split all volumes into tetrahedra
- split only polyhedra into tetrahedra but a mesh will become non-conformal.

St.Michael

 

Thanks for your reaply St. michael,

I don't said that i need to do a Hexahedral mesh to do a water analysis in a  storage water tank.

¿Who can i do this in my geometry, is the same process?

 

 

Re: Problem Meshing Complex Geometry

Posted by Saint Michael at February 22. 2017

To split all volumes into tetrahedra, apply Modification > Split Volumes to the computed mesh. To apply Modification > Split Volumes to polyhedra only, use Filter with Geometry Type == Polyhedra criterion.

St.Michael

Re: Problem Meshing Complex Geometry

Posted by Toni Calaba at February 22. 2017

Previously Saint Michael wrote:

To split all volumes into tetrahedra, apply Modification > Split Volumes to the computed mesh. To apply Modification > Split Volumes to polyhedra only, use Filter with Geometry Type == Polyhedra criterion.

St.Michael

 

Okey i try to do this but, doesn't work.. i don't now if do anythink wrog before this part.

 

 
Step by Step i do this:
 
-Generate the geometry in salome (the gometry has cylinder and quadric forms)
 
-Explode in faces to asign groups
 
-In the mesh modul, i need to do an exahedral mesh, for this i used  "bodi fitting" (really i don't know if this is the best option).
 
-i Try to export in UNV format but it's ipossible.
 
-After this i try to do the splip but doesn't work...
 
 
Toni
 

Re: Problem Meshing Complex Geometry

Posted by Saint Michael at February 22. 2017

The idea is: if UNV does not support polyhedra, we split them into tetrahedra, then the mesh can be exported in UNV format. So: first - split, then - export.

Split into tetrahedra works OK. I meshed a sphere with Body Fitting and split all elements into tetrahedra:

St.Michael

 

Re: Problem Meshing Complex Geometry

Posted by Toni Calaba at February 22. 2017

Previously Saint Michael wrote:

The idea is: if UNV does not support polyhedra, we split them into tetrahedra, then the mesh can be exported in UNV format. So: first - split, then - export.

Split into tetrahedra works OK. I meshed a sphere with Body Fitting and split all elements into tetrahedra:

 

St.Michael

 St.Michael , thanks another.

Really i don't understand what i'm doing bad, but i try to do all of You said and for mi is impossible.

If it´s possible and You can check my HDF file i send now on this link 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5wtkO-MP1LDWjlyRGI0c1M5d0U

If is not possible i try to do other think to do an hexahedral mesh.

 

Thanks for all

 

 

Re: Problem Meshing Complex Geometry

Posted by Saint Michael at February 22. 2017

Probably the problem is that the mesh is deselected when one invokes Split Volumes and hence [Apply] is not active in the dialog. It's necessary to select the mesh in the Object Browser to make [Apply] active.

St.Michael

Re: Problem Meshing Complex Geometry

Posted by Toni Calaba at February 22. 2017

Previously Saint Michael wrote:

Probably the problem is that the mesh is deselected when one invokes Split Volumes and hence [Apply] is not active in the dialog. It's necessary to select the mesh in the Object Browser to make [Apply] active.

St.Michael

 

 

Okay, it's true that I didn't have the mesh selected. But now, when i will run the split, every time the program collapses and closes. Maybe the problem is the definition of the mesh? I select in the hypotesis "Implement edges" and in the definition node- space and 0.1 in all axis.
Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.
Powered by Ploneboard
History
Activate by Toni Calaba on Feb 22, 2017 01:53 PM
Document Actions