Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Other... (new forum, problems, etc.) Crash when evaluate mesh after editing hypothesis

Crash when evaluate mesh after editing hypothesis

Up to Other... (new forum, problems, etc.)

Crash when evaluate mesh after editing hypothesis

Posted by Moise Rousseau at July 17. 2017

HI,

I got a crash when I try to evaluate a mesh. 

First, I compute a first 3D mesh using NETGEN 3D-2D-1D algorithm successfully with a certain hypothesis I create. The crash occur when I edit this hypothesis, for example changing the fineness of the mesh, and try to evaluate it. Salome crash here with the following message on my terminal with my study:

*** Error in `SALOME_Session_Server': munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x00000000044e59a0 ***

I am running the latest release of Salome on Ubuntu 17.04.

I also check this issue by creating a simple box (attached file) and follow the same procedure : compute mesh, change hypothesis, and then evaluate. It also crash with the following error :

*** Abort *** an exception was raised, but no catch was found.

... The exception is:SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address ffffffffffffffd0

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'omniORB::fatalException'

Hope you can fix this issue,

Moise

Attachments

Re: Crash when evaluate mesh after editing hypothesis

Posted by Ashish Vinayak at July 26. 2017

I am funnily facing a similar issue although SALOME doesn't crash for me. When I edit the hypothesis for fineness, the mesh is computed however when I export the file (UNV) for OpenFOAM, the simulation crashes because it has "weird holes" in the mesh. It's a somewhat weird error. I too am using Ubuntu, and the latest Salome. I will try using an earlier version to see if I get some better results. 

Maybe, are issues are not the same, or maybe they are related, since the fineness parameter of netgen seems to be causing the issue for me. 

Previously Moise Rousseau wrote:

HI,

I got a crash when I try to evaluate a mesh. 

First, I compute a first 3D mesh using NETGEN 3D-2D-1D algorithm successfully with a certain hypothesis I create. The crash occur when I edit this hypothesis, for example changing the fineness of the mesh, and try to evaluate it. Salome crash here with the following message on my terminal with my study:

*** Error in `SALOME_Session_Server': munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x00000000044e59a0 ***

I am running the latest release of Salome on Ubuntu 17.04.

I also check this issue by creating a simple box (attached file) and follow the same procedure : compute mesh, change hypothesis, and then evaluate. It also crash with the following error :

*** Abort *** an exception was raised, but no catch was found.

... The exception is:SIGSEGV 'segmentation violation' detected. Address ffffffffffffffd0

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'omniORB::fatalException'

Hope you can fix this issue,

Moise

Quick reply
URLs will be automatically hyperlinked. Basic HTML tags are OK.