Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform Re: Edit the viscous layer around a 2D airfoil with CFDMSH

Re: Edit the viscous layer around a 2D airfoil with CFDMSH

Up to Extension of the platform

Re: Edit the viscous layer around a 2D airfoil with CFDMSH

Posted by Charles Jumeau at July 26. 2017

Hello everybody,

I'm new in CFD, especially with openFoam and Salome, and I try to simulate a 2D airflow around a NACA 0015 airfoil in order to compare the model results and experimental results.

I found the script cfdmsh.py which seems quite powerful, but I have a problem with editing the viscous layer.

Without using cfdmsh, I got a viscous layer like in the attached picture, and I want to increase the number of cells in each layer just llike in this tutorial: http://tougeron-cfd.com/downloads/cfdmsh/4.0/html/tuto_1_2.html 

My problem is when I lauch the command to create the virtual offset edge sub-meshes on the foil MakeVirtualOffsetEdgeSubmeshes( [ 0.05, 0.01 ] ), Salome crashes, 1 of the 4 cores of the CPU works at 100% (the working CPU changes several times during the calculation, but only one works in the same time) and the RAM stats to saturate.

I work with cfdmsh 4.0 and Salome 7.7.1 (I got the same problem with Salome 8) on Ubuntu 14.04. My computer is equipped with 16Gb  of RAM and an Intel i3-3220 CPU (3.30GHz × 4).

Do you have any idea to solve that problem ?

Thanks

Charles

Attachments