Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform version of GMSH?

version of GMSH?

Up to Extension of the platform

version of GMSH?

Posted by pierre_j at February 13. 2017

Hi,

In Salome 8.2.0 release note, GMSH doesn't appear anywhere in pre-requesite table, nor its version.

Is this normal?

I thank you in advance for your reply.

Bests,

Pierre

Re: version of GMSH?

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at February 13. 2017

Hello Pierre,

SALOME 8.2.0 does not use GMSH. Moreover, SALOME 8.2.0 has not been officially published yet.

Regards,
Vadim.

Posted by Matthias Zenker at February 13. 2017
Hi Vadim,

if I remember correctly, there are plans to integrate gmsh in the Salomé meshing module. When I start Salomé 7.8 under Linux, I get a message saying that gmsh is not available. I don't get such a message under Windows, however. Could you comment on the status of the gmsh integration in Salomé, if any?

Thank you,

Matthias

Posted by Nicolas Geimer at February 13. 2017

Hello Pierre,

It's temporary issue.

At the end of last year, when we're testing SALOME 8.2, I think that there was no GMSH available with OpenCascade 7x.

I think it will be solved with next version coming this year.

Bests,

Nicolas

Posted by Matthias Zenker at February 13. 2017
So if I understand correctly, gmsh meshing within Salomé will be possible this year? That would be good news. :)

Matthias

Posted by Matthias Zenker at February 24. 2017
Hi,

I have looked into the slides from last Salomé user day for information about gmsh integration. There was only mention of certain 2D algorithms. But the 3D functionality of gmsh would be interesting as well since it offers more possibilities than the free version of Salomé, which uses only netgen for 3D.

So I have the following questions:

Can we expect that gmsh 3D functionality will be available in the SMESH module in the foreseeable future?

Is it possible that the existence of the (commercial) MeshGems suite in Salomé has a negative impact on the gmsh integration?

Could somebody comment on that please?

Thank you,

Matthias