Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Extension of the platform How can object browser be organized and removed?

How can object browser be organized and removed?

Up to Extension of the platform

How can object browser be organized and removed?

Posted by Timo Siltala at March 05. 2017

I try to find a method to remove my own root and all items below it when I leave my module, but with less success. All data in my datamodel remains there forever. How should this be done? The other problem is that I would like to get my own root to bottom (last one in object browser) but it appears in arbitrary place. How should this be done?

Timo

Re: How can object browser be organized and removed?

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at March 06. 2017

Hello,

But why do you need to remove your data from the object browser?

In fact, Object browser shows all data which is published in SALOME study. So, study is a container that shows complete data tree. It's goal in fact is to provide a way to exchange data between different modules. So, it's normal that data items keep visible in the Obect browser when the module is deactivated.

If you don't want other modules to see your data, you have two possibilities:

a) Don't publish your data in SALOME study; in this case you might want to impement a custom data representation for your particular module to be used instead of Object browser. Some SALOME modules follow that way (i.e. YACS).

b) Remove data from study on module deactivation. But this should be bad approach since on the module re-activation you'll have to rebuild the data tree again.

Similarly, you can't affect on the position of your module's root item in the Object browser. Modules appear in the data tree in the order they are published there. I.e. first activated module is shown in the first position, next activated module is shown below the first one, etc.

Regards,
Vadim.