Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum How to use Salome? Naming conventions in Salome

Naming conventions in Salome

Up to How to use Salome?

Naming conventions in Salome

Posted by s1291 at February 27. 2018

Hello everyone

I am a new user of Salome. I am using it for the creation of the geometry and meshing for OpenFOAM simulation. The problem is that I cannot understand Salome conventions, for example: internal faces ....etc.

I have some questions:

* What are internal faces? this question is obvious in case of Mesh (because there are a lot of cell faces there) but in case of geometry what are internal face?

How can I create OpenFOAM AMI (Arbitrary Mesh Interfaces) in Salome and how should I prepare the geometry  in such a way to simulate rotating bodies using AMI (I know there is an option to create seperate meshes then using OpenFOAM mergeMesh utility but in my opinion this option is less efficient).

Can you please answer my questions

Re: Naming conventions in Salome

Posted by Saint Michael at February 27. 2018

Hi

What are internal faces?

In geometry, an internal face is a face that does not bound a solid. For example

St.Michael

Thank you very much Michel.

In your example of internal face. How can be this internal face treated in CFD solvers (As an interface or as patch/wall)?

Such faces rarely appear. So I suppose that they have no sense for solvers. (it's just a supposition)

St.Michael

Thank you Micheal,

Just a last question: is it possible to export a mesh in Salome that contains interfaces and convert it to OpenFOAM (Without exporting each part and using the mergeMeshes utility in OpenFOAM) ? 

I don't know

St.Michael

Posted by Jonas Aparicio at March 21. 2018

Code_Saturne can turn internal faces into inner walls, or they can be used for computational purpose for example if you wants the average velocity or the mass flow that go through it. I don't know about the others CFD solvers.

Previously s1291 wrote:

Thank you very much Michel.

In your example of internal face. How can be this internal face treated in CFD solvers (As an interface or as patch/wall)?