Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Re: Trouble creating mesh around 2D cylinder in nozzle geometry

Re: Trouble creating mesh around 2D cylinder in nozzle geometry

Up to Use

Posted by Admir at September 18. 2018

Hi

I have trouble creating a hex-dominant mesh for the attached files, especially around the circular geometries.

In the geometry module I have created a partition of the imported file, from where i try to create a mesh (3D extrusion + 1D wire - 1 segment thickness) and sub-mesh ( 2D quadrangle + composite side discretisation with local length)

Can someone explain me where the error occurs?

Kind regards

adj

Attachments

Posted by Saint Michael at September 18. 2018

Hi

It seems that this geometry is not suitable for Quadrangle (Mapping) aglorithm

St.Michael

Posted by Admir at September 18. 2018

Hi 

Even if I use the netgen algorithm it seems that the mesh creates volumes inside the 2D cylinder and does not take the cylinder into account?

BR

Posted by Admir at September 20. 2018

Hi again

Does anybody know what causes this? - Any suggestions (tutorials) for similar cases?

BR

Admir

Posted by Sergio Pluchinsky at September 20. 2018

Have downloaded the files but was unnable to open in Salome 8.3 for Windows. Can you update the geometry as STEP maybe?

Regards

Posted by Admir at September 20. 2018

Hi

I have attached a STEP file of the geometry.

I want to create a structured mesh (hexa-dominat), however for some reason the geometry does not allow me to?

I have succeded meshing exactly same geometry (with a structured grid) just without the cylinder after the nozzle exit.

Attachments

Posted by Sergio Pluchinsky at September 21. 2018

You need to split the model in mashables volumens (six faces solids). For this geometry is easier to do it in 2d and then extrude the resulting mesh.

Posted by Admir at September 22. 2018

Hi Sergio

How do you mean? I am fairly new to Salome, so maybe you can help me explain what procedure I need to carry out?

Best regards!

Posted by Sergio Pluchinsky at September 23. 2018
Normally I do this kind of division directly in the CAD program before exporting as STEP, is just a split of the face or solid in cuadrangular subfaces or six faces volumes. Again for this case is easier  just work with one face and then extrude the 2D mesh to get the hexas.