Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use 7.3.0: GUI library .. cannot be found or loaded

7.3.0: GUI library .. cannot be found or loaded

Up to Use

7.3.0: GUI library .. cannot be found or loaded

Posted by JMB at January 16. 2014

Installed Salome using Universal binary in Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit.  Created a "T" Pipe and tried to "Explode" it and I get: "Error GUI library corresponding to the user action can not be found or loaded"

I get the same as soon as I try the same on a simple cube.  What does this mean and what is needed to fix it?

Regards, JMB

Re: 7.3.0: GUI library .. cannot be found or loaded

Posted by Michele Cavallerin at January 18. 2014

Hi JMB,

I'm facing same problem after installing Universal binary...

Did you solve the problem?

Posted by JMB at January 18. 2014

Hello Michele Cavallerin,

No I have not.  A Google search gave no clues either.  I think this is a MAJOR bug in the software or some unknown library is not installed when the binary image was packaged.  I hope the developer(s) of the binaries will take note and fix this fundamental problem.

Regards, JMB

Previously Michele Cavallerin wrote:

I'm facing same problem after installing Universal binary...Did you solve the problem?

Posted by DAVID Gilles at January 20. 2014

Hello JMB and Michele,

We investigate the problem, sorry for the inconvenience.

Gilles

Posted by DAVID Gilles at January 20. 2014

I have a question: do you still have a previous version of SALOME installed ?

If yes, did you setup your environment variables (PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH) to this older version of SALOME ?

The GEOM module searches dynamically for the libraries he needs (for instance libAvancedGUI.so), maybe he found an older one which is not compatible.

Posted by Michele Cavallerin at January 21. 2014

Yes I previuosly installed Salome 7_2_0, but I didn't make any PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH change.

How can I check?

Regards

Posted by JMB at January 21. 2014

Hello Gilles DAVID,

Thanks for checking into this.  I do have Salome_7.2.0 installed and PATH & LD_LIBRARY_PATH values are shown below:

echo $PATH
/opt/ThirdParty-2.2.2/platforms/linux64Gcc/gperftools-svn/bin:/opt/paraviewopenfoam3120/bin:/home/ks/OpenFOAM/ks-2.2.2/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/bin:/opt/site/2.2.2/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/bin:/opt/openfoam222/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/bin:/opt/openfoam222/bin:/opt/openfoam222/wmake:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/opt/ThirdParty-2.2.2/platforms/linux64Gcc/gperftools-svn/lib:/opt/paraviewopenfoam3120/lib/paraview-3.12:/opt/openfoam222/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/openmpi-system:/opt/ThirdParty-2.2.2/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/openmpi-system:/home/ks/OpenFOAM/ks-2.2.2/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib:/opt/site/2.2.2/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib:/opt/openfoam222/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib:/opt/ThirdParty-2.2.2/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib:/opt/openfoam222/platforms/linux64GccDPOpt/lib/dummy

"locate libAvancedGUI.so" and "sudo find / -name libAvancedGUI.so -print"

find no such file.  Is this missing in the binary package?

Regards, JMB

Previously DAVID Gilles wrote:

I have a question: do you still have a previous version of SALOME installed ?

If yes, did you setup your environment variables (PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH) to this older version of SALOME ?

The GEOM module searches dynamically for the libraries he needs (for instance libAvancedGUI.so), maybe he found an older one which is not compatible.

Posted by DAVID Gilles at January 21. 2014

OK a library is missing in the debianForSalome directory (libtiff.so.4 from Debian 6.0 64bits).

You can retrieve it by either mean, the universal package will be updated.

Again sorry for the inconvenience !

Posted by JMB at January 22. 2014

Hello Gilles DAVID,

I appreciate you trying, but I do not think libtiff.so.4 is the problem, since "The LibTIFF package contains the TIFF libraries and associated utilities. The libraries are used by many programs for reading and writing TIFF files and the utilities are used for general work with TIFF files."  I do not see the connection between dealing with TIFF files and "Exploding" a Salome object.

Incidentally I tried:

ls -al /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.*

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 621812 May 13  2013 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.a
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    926 May 13  2013 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.la
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     16 May 13  2013 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.so -> libtiff.so.4.3.4
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     16 May 13  2013 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.so.4 -> libtiff.so.4.3.4
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 408072 May 13  2013 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.so.4.3.4

followed by:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtiff.so.4 /opt/Salome-V7_3_0_public_64bit/Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64/prerequisites/debianForSalome/lib/libtiff.so.4

which of course does not solve the problem.  So if Salome was indeed looking for this library in "/opt/Salome-V7_3_0_public_64bit/Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64/prerequisites/debianForSalome/lib" it would have found it.  Although the libtiff.so.4 was indeed missing from this sub-directory and I concede that the error may be due to an incompatible library linking, I very much doubt it, because of the reason I stated earlier.

I think a deeper dive into the cause of the error is needed.

Regards, JMB

Previously DAVID Gilles wrote:

OK a library is missing in the debianForSalome directory (libtiff.so.4 from Debian 6.0 64bits). You can retrieve it by either mean, the universal package will be updated.  Again sorry for the inconvenience !

Posted by DAVID Gilles at January 22. 2014

Hello JMB,

In fact the libtiff.so.4 is required by libopencv_highgui.so.2.3 (OpenCV), and thus by libEntityGUI.so.

The version of libtiff used by the binary package is 4.3.3 (I assume that the 4.3.4 should be fine too) and was not provided.

Our tests showed that adding this library in devianForSalome/lib solved the problem, but maybe another problem still remains.

The investigation continues...

Regards,

Gilles

Posted by Site Administrator at January 22. 2014

Hello all,

A universal binaries package with fixed problem of missing libtiff.so.4 (mentioned by Gilles) has been re-uploaded to the files repository.

Please, download an updated version.

Regards,
SALOME site administrator.

Posted by Juan Manuel Rivero at January 23. 2014

Hi, 

I have the exact same problem, and I´ve already downloaded the updated version, but the bug still exists.

Any other ideas of how to solve it?

Regards.

Juan

Posted by DAVID Gilles at January 23. 2014

Hum I didn't notice that you didn't find the libAdvancedGUI.so library !

Can't you find it in [SALOME_INSTALL]/modules/GEOM_V7_3_0/lib/salome ?

Previously JMB wrote:

"locate libAvancedGUI.so" and "sudo find / -name libAvancedGUI.so -print"

find no such file.  Is this missing in the binary package?

Regards, JMB

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at January 23. 2014

Hello,

This is because there is no libAvancedGUI.so library in GEOM module but there is libAdvancedGUI.so.

Indeed, if you succeed to create T-Pipe shape (as it is mentioned in the top-most post in this discussion), this means that libAdvancedGUI.so is present, as T-Pipe shape dialog box is implemented exactly in this library.

Regards,
Vadim

Posted by Vadim SANDLER at January 23. 2014

Hello Juan,

Sorry for asking, but what is the "bug that still exists"? Do you mean that you, as written in the first message of this discussion, are able to create T-Pipe shape but cannot explode it?

If this is the case, can you please execute the following command and attach its output to this discussion?

/path/to/salome-7.3.0/appli_V7_3_0/runSession ldd -r /path/to/salome-7.3.0/appli_V7_3_0/lib/salome/libEntityGUI.so

where /path/to/salome-7.3.0 is a path where you installed SALOME 7.3.0.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Vadim.

Previously Juan Manuel Rivero wrote:

Hi, 

I have the exact same problem, and I´ve already downloaded the updated version, but the bug still exists.

Any other ideas of how to solve it?

Regards.

Juan

Posted by DAVID Gilles at January 23. 2014

It looks that libjpeg.so.62 is missing as well. We update and reupload the installer asap.

Posted by Juan Manuel Rivero at January 23. 2014

Hello Vadim,
I'm sorry, I should've been more specific.
I'm a beginner in this software and I started to do the first tutorial, but when I got to the part where I needed to draw a 2D Sketch (New Entity/Basic/2D Sketch) I got the Error: "GUI library corresponding to the user action can not be found or loaded."

Regards.

Juan

Posted by JMB at January 24. 2014

Hello Vadim SANDLER,

My apologies.  I should have looked for "libAdvancedGUI.so" which is indeed present in numerous places of previous versions and also at:

/opt/Salome-V7_3_0_public_64bit/Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64/modules/GEOM_V7_3_0/lib/salome/libAdvancedGUI.so

/opt/Salome-V7_3_0_public_64bit/appli_V7_3_0/lib/salome/libAdvancedGUI.so

Does this help diagnose the problem?

Regards, JMB

Previously Vadim SANDLER wrote:

This is because there is no libAvancedGUI.so library in GEOM module but there is libAdvancedGUI.so.

Regards,  Vadim

Posted by Site Administrator at January 24. 2014

Hello all,

A universal binaries package has been again re-uploaded to the files repository, to fix a problem with missing libjpeg library.

Thank you a lot for reporting these problems.

Regards,
SALOME site administrator.

Posted by JMB at January 24. 2014

Hello Salome Team,

Thank you for fixing the problem. The binary with the following md5sum:

5d56008c03a53685fc580474beea5188  Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64.run

now works!

Regards, JMB

Previously Site Administrator wrote:

Hello all, A universal binaries package has been again re-uploaded to the files repository, to fix a problem with missing libjpeg library. Thank you a lot for reporting these problems. Regards, SALOME site administrator.

Posted by DAVID Gilles at January 24. 2014

At last you can now enjoy this new version !

We'll try to avoid those inconvenience for the next release ;)

Best regards,

Gilles

Previously JMB wrote:

Hello Salome Team,

Thank you for fixing the problem. The binary with the following md5sum:

5d56008c03a53685fc580474beea5188  Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64.run

now works!

Regards, JMB

Previously Site Administrator wrote:

Hello all, A universal binaries package has been again re-uploaded to the files repository, to fix a problem with missing libjpeg library. Thank you a lot for reporting these problems. Regards, SALOME site administrator.

Posted by Zoroastro Filho at February 17. 2014

Hello,

The same problem is happenning in a universal binaries package included in a code aster site...(libjpeg62 is missing...):

http://www.code-aster.org/V2/spip.php?article303

Salome-Meca 2014.1     Universal 64bits     31 january 2014     1088 Mo     LGPL     56a0bd4c1140627d2bff58bcb9435467

Best Regards..

Zoro

Posted by Bernhard Linseisen at February 17. 2014

Dear all,

I noticed that the problem came up while at least JMB had an installation of OpenFOAM 2.2.x active. Sometime ago I had noticed that OF and Salome seem to conflict at some points.

Removing OF from the PATH for the terminal session Salome used did mitigate the problem in my case. Maybe it is not as much a problem of Salome alone, but also of OpenFOAM. I assume: Salome is/was taking the existence of some libraries for granted which are there in standard systems. The OF-ThirdParty-package did not provide these but change the path, so Salome did not find the package because it was not available within the OF-PATH.

How to mitigate the problem?

1.) Do not load the OF-libraries on bootup but only when needed.

2.) During packaging for Salome check if the PATH of OF does contain everything needed in the package.

Either of the two steps should help...

Cheers,

Bernhard

Posted by Maimouna Al Manthari at March 03. 2014

Hello all,

I just new in Salome. I tried to install Salome in Ubuntu 121.04. It was installed but when I tried to run

./Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64.run, it is given me this error

bash: ./Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64.run: Permission denied

I tried to solve that permission denied by sudo but doesn't solve

sudo: ./Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64.run: command not found

For downloadind and installation, I followed the tutorial given in

http://www.spoken-tutorial.org/show_video?tr=1708&sval=1

How can solve my problem.

Any answer would be welcomed.

Maimouna

Posted by William Tougeron at March 19. 2014

Hello,

You can try: (it gives you the right to execute the file)

chmod +x ./Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64.run

and launch again the installation:

./Salome-V7_3_0-LGPL-x86_64.run

By the way, installing Salome in sudo mode is not recommended.

Best regards,

William

Posted by Vineet Bhola at August 03. 2015

Hello Juan,

I am also facng same error. I am using Salome 7.5.1 and when I use "Exercse 3: Creation of a face for meshing: (menu New Entity/Build/Face)". I get , "

GUI library corresponding to the user action can not be found or loaded".

know t is an old post but how did you resolve this issue?

Thanks

Vineet

Posted by Jan Witting at Tuesday 15:28

Hi,

I got the same message when I tried on exercise 2 the menu New Entity/Basic/2D Sketch.

I'm on debian9 and using the universal binaries package version=8.3.0_64bit. May be the message is caused by

version difference to debian8. I tried #>find -name libAvancedGUI.so and no file where found.

Thanks,

Jan

Posted by Mario Storti at Tuesday 21:54

Hi Jan,

I have much the same problem, and is reported in this post: http://www.salome-platform.org/forum/forum_9/381742558

The library libAdvancedGUI.so is included already in Salome

Salome-V8_3_0-univ-public/modules/GEOM_V8_3_0/lib/salome/libAdvancedGUI.so

Apparently you miss-typed the name (Avanced vs Advanced). 

Regards, Mario