Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use export compound mesh to cgns

export compound mesh to cgns

Up to Use

export compound mesh to cgns

Posted by Claudio Caccia at November 20. 2017

Hi,

I am building a simple compound mesh and I'd like to export it in cgns format in order to use it with SU2. Unfortunately salome returns an error: "Export Failed. Probably, there is not enough free space on disk" which is not true, as the mesh is really small (about 5400 2D rectangle elements). Besides, if I try to export the two original meshes, no error occurs.

I wonder if it is something like a bug or there is a reason why it is not possible to export a compound mesh to cgns format.

Thanks

Claudio

Re: export compound mesh to cgns

Posted by SMESH expert at November 20. 2017

Hello Claudio

Most probably there is a bug in CGNS export. Could you share your compound mesh to reproduce the issue?

Best regards

Edward

Posted by Claudio Caccia at November 20. 2017

Hi Edward,

I am attaching the dump of my study. It is rather simple, I am meshing 2 rectangular faces and assemble them in an L-shape compound.

Thanks

Claudio

Attachments

Posted by SMESH expert at November 21. 2017

Hello Claudio

I could reproduce this issue in V8.3.0. The fix will be available in the next version.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Best regards

Edward

Posted by Claudio Caccia at November 21. 2017

Thanks Edward for looking at it. I'll wait for the next version. Meanwhile I'll try some workaround.

best regards

Claudio

Posted by Jeffrey Harris at June 21. 2018

Does there exist some workaround?  If not, is it known when the next version will be released?

Best,

Jeff