Adaptation of exported Salome mesh data
Adaptation of exported Salome mesh dataPosted by Audrey-Gin at March 13. 2017
I am studying the possibility of translating a SALOME mesh files into the one compatible with the finite volume code TOUGH2.
The TOUGH2 mesh file format must include the following geometric data regarding volume and face elements:
- Index for each volume element (namely cell)
- Index of the two coupled-neighbouring cells for each internal face
- Index of the (unique) neighbouring cell for each boundary face
- Index for Groups of belonging (if ever defined)
- Volume of each cell (cube meter)
- Area of each boundary and internal faces (square meter)
- Coordinates of the cell centres (meter, 3 dimensions)
- For every internal face, dot product of the vectors IJ and n (meter).
I and J are respectively the centres of the first and the second neighbouring cell.
The vector n is the unit vector normal to the face and oriented from the first to the second cell.
To consider a conversion through a reading/writing program, I need to know if the above data are directly provided in the available SALOME mesh formats.
I created and exported a simple mesh using only the GUI.
And my text editor could open and read only the .DAT, .MESH, .STL and .UNV formats (not the .MED and .CGNS ones).
Unfortunately, I do not understand the nature of the displayed data,
and cannot find on SALOME Platform website a user's notice describing in detail the content and the structure of the various exported mesh files.
Regarding my issue, could you please indicate me if one or several SALOME mesh format(s) can provide the data I need to create my own TOUGH2 mesh file ?
Also, does exist a way, through SALOME GUI or script procedure, to write/export the above mesh information I need ?
Thanks in advance for helping,