Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Close Contour Merge 2 different vertex into 1 single vertex

Close Contour Merge 2 different vertex into 1 single vertex

Up to Use

Close Contour Merge 2 different vertex into 1 single vertex

Posted by Earl Fan at March 15. 2017

I have a problem when creating a surface with a contour that I believe is closed, since I draw every line with one's end attached to another's start. However, when I try to form a surface with the contour, it says 'there is no closed contour can be built from the given arguments". 

Then I try "Repair - Close Contour", but this operation merged two points into one, which is not what  I want.

Attachments

Re: Close Contour Merge 2 different vertex into 1 single vertex

Previously Earl Fan wrote:

I have a problem when creating a surface with a contour that I believe is closed, since I draw every line with one's end attached to another's start. However, when I try to form a surface with the contour, it says 'there is no closed contour can be built from the given arguments". 

Then I try "Repair - Close Contour", but this operation merged two points into one, which is not what  I want.

This is the result after  "Repair - Close Contour"

Attachments

Posted by Saint Michael at March 15. 2017

Hi

What is a length of the edge which disappears after Close Contour? Maybe it's less than 1e-7?

St.Michael

Posted by William Tougeron at March 15. 2017

Hi,

Not a solution but: with cfdmsh you can get boundary vertexes using the GetBoundaryVertexes function. Like this you can see where is the hole in your original wire if there is one, and rebuild your wire more properly.

Else, maybe to avoid merging vertexes during contour closing you can first decrease the tolerance of your wire (Repair > Limit tolerance).

Hope this helps

Best regards

Previously Saint Michael wrote:

Hi

What is a length of the edge which disappears after Close Contour? Maybe it's less than 1e-7?

St.Michael

Thanks for reply!

The disappearing is 0.614 long, definitely not a small edge.

Posted by Saint Michael at March 15. 2017

Maybe you try to create a surface from a set of lines? instead of creating a wire from lines and then the surface from the wire.

St.Michael

Previously William Tougeron wrote:

Thanks for reply.

I have tried (Repair > Limit tolerance) but it's not helping, I'll try cfdmsh and thanks again!

It's working! Thanks A Lot!