Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use GUI library for Explode not found in Salome 8.4.0/Ubuntu 17.10 & 18.04

GUI library for Explode not found in Salome 8.4.0/Ubuntu 17.10 & 18.04

Up to Use

GUI library for Explode not found in Salome 8.4.0/Ubuntu 17.10 & 18.04

Posted by Alex E at May 24. 2018

I've installed Salome 8.4.0 using the universal Linux binaries on both Ubuntu 17.10 and 18.04 and everything seems to work fine in both cases, except the Explode tool, which prompts the error message "GUI library corresponding to the user action can not be found or loaded". I've also tried compiling it from the Ubuntu 16.04 binaries as well, but couldn't actually get anything to work that way.

AFAIK the Explode tool relies on OCC. I've tried to see if a previous botched compilation of OCC, which I did for an ElmerFEM build, is still in the system but couldn't really find any traces of it (i.e. files containing 'opencascade', 'occ' etc.). The only OCC libs I can find are those in the prerequisites folder in the Salome-V8_4_0-univ folder.

Is there anywhere else I could check for conflicts with this previous install, or could this be an issue between the universal binaries and these versions of Ubuntu?

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Re: GUI library for Explode not found in Salome 8.4.0/Ubuntu 17.10 & 18.04

Posted by Timo at June 12. 2018

Hey Alex,

I just had the same problem as you did, but a friend of mine found a fix.
It is likely that salome forgot to update a dependency in the new version (8.4.0), libjasper.so.1 in fact.
You can download it from: http://ece.uvic.ca/~frodo/jasper/#download , where you should download jasPer 1.900.22 (the later ones have a different system). If you then compile it and add the generated libjasper.so.1 to the path it works like a charm ;)

hopefully this is enough to fix the problem, but it would be better if salome added the dependency in the next update or so.
Good luck!