Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Hexamesh

Hexamesh

Up to Use

Hexamesh

Posted by MRobert at September 11. 2017

Hello everyone,

In the figure attached i made a simple cylinder using the Divided Cylinder option then i made another simple cylinder and i added some faces using partition tool. If i take the shapes 1 by 1 i'm able to make a hexahedron algorithm mesh. If i try to glue them using same partition tool i'm not able to create a hexa mesh because it can't find 8 corners of a block in 2D.

I was wondering if there's a way to glue them and then create the hexa mesh? So far i managed to make hexa mesh using some faces which i cut in the divided cylinder but i'm trying to do a more complex geometry and adding faces to create hexahedrons would take me a lot of time and pc resources. I also tried to check the compound of blocks and propagate the blocks to mesh 1D edges but it didn't work.

Regards, 

Robert

Re: Hexamesh

Posted by Saint Michael at September 11. 2017

Hi Robert

You forgot to attach the figure.

St.Michael

Sorry, i chose the file but i think it didn't upload it. I hope it works now. 

This is a link witha photo just in case the upload won't work. https://ibb.co/e0NuzF

Attachments

Posted by Saint Michael at September 11. 2017

You can mesh each cylinder separately (a mesh per a cylinder) then make a compound mesh with Merge Nodes activated (menu Mesh > Build Compound).

St.Michael

OK, thank you for the fast answer. I'll try this tomorrow.

Regards,

Robert

Ok, so i meshed each cyilinder and made a compund but i have some gaps as you can see attached. I also tried to add a bigger number of segments on the divided cylinder to see if i can use Transformation> Sew nodes or merge nodes but i still have the gaps.

Attachments

Posted by Saint Michael at September 12. 2017

To have a conform interface between the two meshes, the internal mesh should have additional nodes at locations marked by red in the figure below. But if you assure this, a big inner hexahedron is not a hexahedron anymore. So it seems that what you want to obtain is impossible.

St.Michael

Posted by MRobert at September 12. 2017

I will try to make it step by step creating faces through second geometry. Thank you for replies.

Regards