Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Generate hybrid mesh with out using pyramids as transition

Generate hybrid mesh with out using pyramids as transition

Up to Use

Generate hybrid mesh with out using pyramids as transition

Posted by Kenneth Chinembiri at March 03. 2017

Hi,

I need some advice regarding how best to mesh my geometry(picture attached below), without generating pyramids at the transition between the near wall hexahedral mesh and internal tetrahedral's. I cannot have pyramids as the solver flags a huge percentage of these cells as offset and the simulation results do not look good as well. 

Or is my best and only option to use a fully unstructured mesh, which would have tetrahedrons in the near wall region ?

I have tried the following:

• tried to generate a prismatic mesh, but that did not work as the prism 3D algorithm requires the faces at either end of each partition to be the same.
  • Tried partitioning the interior part of the domain to generate hexahedrals, but the mesh returned for the central faces fails due to inverted elements. (see, pic of partitions)
  • I have also tried using viscous sublayers but that generates a near wall mesh which contains tetrahedral's and  the results obtained from simulations are rather unsatisfactory.

Thank you and Regards,

Kenneth

Attachments

Re: Generate hybrid mesh with out using pyramids as transition

Posted by Kenneth Chinembiri at March 03. 2017

Apologies forgot the picture of my attempted partitions, to generate  hexadrals in the internal domain

Attachments