Personal tools
You are here: Home Forum Use Re: How to add special mesh for boundary area

Re: How to add special mesh for boundary area

Up to Use

Posted by Jiawei.LIU at Monday 09:47

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone can tell how I can add several layers of mesh for the boundary of inserted tubes which are considered as solid region.

The entire flow domain is a cylinder with many inserted solid tubes, the mesh size is increasing with a fixed ratio from the cylinder center to the boundary of the cylinder. Now i would like to add two or three layer for every tube to better perform boundary layer with influencing the mesh already set up. This is to say I would like to obtain a mesh like that on the right photo from the one on the left.

Could anyone give me an advise on this problem?  Thanks a lot.

Best regards 

Jiawei

Attachments

Posted by Saint Michael at Monday 15:44

Hi Jiawei

You can get such a mesh using Viscous Layers hypothesis of NETGEN 3D algo (not NETGEN-1D-2D-3D).

St.Michael

Posted by Jiawei.LIU at Tuesday 16:10

Hi Michael

Thank you very much for answering me, I would like to ask a little more details about it.

By NETGEN 1D-2D-3D, I can use a sub-face which is the outside surface of the empty cylinder in center to define 2D method and to control the mesh size increasing from center to the edge area. But if I switch to NETGEN 1D-2D-3D, what do I need to define the 2D and 1D method to obtain this result?

This is to say would you please to let me have a look at you set up interface?

Jiawei

Previously Saint Michael wrote:

Hi Jiawei

You can get such a mesh using Viscous Layers hypothesis of NETGEN 3D algo (not NETGEN-1D-2D-3D).

St.Michael

Posted by Saint Michael at Tuesday 16:40

Hi Jiawei

Here is my study.

St.Michael

Attachments

Posted by Jiawei.LIU at Wednesday 08:04

Hi michael,

Thanks a lot, you really help me a lot on using salome.

Thank you 

Jiawei